Reading Recovery Training for Mrs Mariu!

This year I'm training in Reading Recovery. I am really excited about it, as it's something that I've been interested for quite a few years.

I first started working at St Mary MacKillop in the junior school, teaching in Room A2 for 3 years before moving to B Pod, C Pod, and then to D Pod last year.

My Reading Recovery training started in the first week of term one. Each week I would go to the Reading Recovery Centre in Oranga, and meet with other teachers also training and our tutor. These lecture sessions are now fortnightly.

So far we have learnt all about the reasons why Reading Recovery is so important, how to assess and choose children to come on to Reading Recovery, and now we are beginning to dive into how to administer the Reading Recovery programme.

I am at school every day in the mornings.
Most days I am there from 9am up until morning tea. On Friday's I'm there from morning tea until lunchtime.
I love that in life you never stop learning, and I'm so glad that my new learning is going to support students at our school to accelerate their own learning through Reading Recovery!


Mrs Mariu


Comments